Where did February go? This year I wanted to try out the Ipsy GlamBag Beauty Subscription service, after not really enjoying the Sephora Play! Box. Judging from the first two bags of 2018, Ipsy is much more my style and definitely gives you a great value! When you sign up, you fill out a quiz to match your preferences in terms of products you'd like to receive, looks you typically go for, shades, hair and skin type, and more! For $10USD a month, you then receive a bag with 5 beauty products from a variety of brands. You can buy full-sized versions of the products you like on the Ipsy site; they have great deals and a cash-back program so you end up saving. Because they tailor the products to your preferences, every bag is different, but follows a similar theme per the month. Today I'll be sharing what I got in my February bag. Sign up for Ipsy here if you'd like to give it a try!
What I got (L-R):
• Biobelle Perfecting Primer Facial Mask (they included two!) [0.81 oz each, $4.99USD each originally, $2.99USD after cash back on Ipsy]
• Luxie Beauty Blending and Shading Eye Brush 249 (an exclusive brush for Ipsy!) [there's no price listed as this is an Ipsy exclusive, but from the site it looks like other Luxie Beauty eyeshadow brushes are usually around $12 USD, $10.80USD after cash back on Ipsy]
• Ofra Cosmetics Liquid Lipstick in Unzipped (an exclusive shade for Ipsy!) [5g, $20 USD originally, $10USD after cash back on Ipsy]
• Marsk Loose Eyeshadow in Foiled Again [1.2g, $22.5 USD, not listed for sale on Ipsy]
• Trestique Mini Eye Pencil in Swiss Chocolate [0.22g, $10.00USD, $8.80 after cash back on Ipsy]
Biobelle Perfecting Primer Facial Mask
I have yet to try the primer face masks, but the concept is so interesting to me! I don't wear foundation often, but when I do on special occasions it would be nice to see if this makes a difference. I love that they included two!
Luxie Beauty Blending and Shading Eye Brush 249
This brush is seriously high quality, and it's full sized! This is the ideal brush for using the fluffy end to blend, and the sturdier end to pack on colors.
Ofra Cosmetics Liquid Lipstick in Unzipped
I usually love darker pink shades, and this one is really nice, but a little too much on the lavender side for me. The texture is nice and it's long-wearing, so I will definitely be using it underneath a slightly darker color.
Marsk Loose Eyeshadow in Foiled Again
Loose eyeshadow is sometimes tricky, but the packaging on this one avoids spilling all over the place. I usually gravitate toward gold eyeshadows rather than silver, but this will be an interesting shade to try.
Trestique Mini Eye Pencil in Swiss Chocolate
I used to wear pencil eyeliner every day on my waterline, but stopped a few years ago. This one is really nice! Adding a dark brown in your waterline for eyeshadow looks really makes your eyes pop and is a super easy add-on.
Every bag comes in the iconic pink pouch
The February bag is Valentine's Day themed. I took the bag with me to Montreal for spring break and it held all my items nicely!
This little card was included with a positive message :)
I can't wait to share my March bag! Have you tried Ipsy or other beauty subscriptions? What did you get in your bag? Let me know in the comments! Sign up for Ipsy here if you'd like to give it a try!